Mar 3, 2013

dedicated follower of fashion

Recently, I've been noticing a lot of fashion trends coming back or have vintage influence. Some people are perturbed by this, but I think it's super rad. It's making vintage fashion and culture known to the younger generation, and it's become easier to find vintage-inspired pieces. First designer fashion, and now, slowly but surely, department stores such as Forever21, Urban Outfitters, H&M (and thousands more) are hopping on the vintage-inspired train. How can people complain about that? I do see where they're coming from, because vintage clothing feels and looks different no matter how hard designers try, but some of my favorite people and fashion have been popping back up this year- so I really can't complain. I've found some of my favorite mock-vintage pieces from this year, and you'll see below what was the influence. Now we all know 95% of us can't afford any of the designer stuff, so I've also taken a few pieces from my closet to show affordable vintage-inspired looks (which was really difficult by the way. I never realized how many vintage pieces I have!)
 unknown
 Priscilla Presley, Lana Del Rey for H&M

 Peggy Moffit c. 1960, Chiharu Okunugi for POP Spring 2013
14th Century painting of Christ Pantocrator Istanbul, Turkey, Dolce and Gabbana Fall 2013
Francoise Hardy, Lindsey Wixson at Emilio Pucci Fall 2013
Tommy Hilfiger turtleneck: thrifted, Bass saddle shoes, letterman jacket: Forever21, high
waisted denim shorts: DIY/mom jeans, peter-pan collar dress: Forever21, polkadot secretary
blouse: Target, purse: Old Navy, saddle shoes: Icing, flats: Old Navy, white tennis sneakers: Payless

Laterz,
Tessa

2 comments:

  1. Françoise, Priscilla, Lana!<3 Great post, I love that
    vintage fashion is becoming more and more popular;
    it means people are dressing better! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the last picture! i love the polkadot shirt and the whole american school-ish style!

    ReplyDelete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡