Sep 17, 2013

please go away, don't bother me

hair bow: Payless (years ago), sweater: Forever21, necklace: Kohl's, top: Goodwill, skirt: thrifted, socks: Target, shoes: Forever21
 I actually wore this during the first week of school, and I'm just now getting around to sharing it. #oops This is probably one of my favorite outfits I've ever worn, because there's so many prints and colors, and it just makes me really happy when I wear it and look at it. So far this week has been really interesting (and it's only Tuesday), and I can't decide if it's in a good or bad way. I've been having a lot of issues with other students touching me, whether it's my hair (on my head AND my arms wtf people), my personal belongings, or my clothing, and I am so sick of it. What do people not get about personal bubbles? Like, if I don't ask you to touch me, just don't touch me. It's REALLY simple, is it not? Besides people invading my space, I've also been dealing with teenagers with negative attitudes. Look, I get it, I hate school too, but we are stuck here so let's just make the best of it, and not be so nasty. I've also been struggling, because I think I like this boy, but I'm really not sure. How can you tell anyways? The movies make it look so easy, I always figured you're just supposed to know when it happens...maybe it just hasn't happened yet. Just remember, high school can't last forever, and it only gets better when you graduate (I think). I am just so gosh darn thankful that this is my last year of high school, and I wish it was over already. On the bright side I'm going to the Homecoming dance with some friends, and I found the cutest Pretty in Pink styled dress! I'll have the pictures up in a couple of weeks (because the dance is near the end of the month).
Je T'aime skirt: Forever21, smiley face leggings: Forever21, silver combat boots: Forever21, cut-out oxford flats: DSW, black flats: DSW, pink dress: vintage, Mickey Mouse watch: vintage, pin: Etsy
I technically didn't go school clothes shopping, so I was lucky enough to get these few pieces to make up for that! Recently I realized I have a shoe problem. When I get rid of a pair of shoes I end up buying three new pairs. I like to think my logic works, because I love shoes so much, but I've come to terms that this is a problem.
Johnny Cash, 1959
x
Recently I've been really attracted to black and white photos from the 1950s and earlier. Since there are no colors to capture your attention, the picture almost looks timeless and sort of ominous. Maybe I'm so enthralled by this style lately, because I've been feeling sort of monotonous due to school, and the same old routine. I've realized I'm stuck in a foxhole, and I just need to find my way out. I've got half of my body out of the foxhole, and I know I just need to pull up the rest out and make the best of everything. Even though these photos are a bit ominous, they also have a sort of innocence to them. I think old photos tell you anything you want to hear, it just depends on your current mood. To get in a better mood I'm probably going to binge watch New Girl season 2 and Sex in the City, because Carrie and Jess always make me feel better. 
What do you cool cats do when you're stuck in a rut?

6 comments:

  1. Find new music. Re-watch my favorite episodes of How I met your mother,or start a new show. Re-watch Moonrise Kingdom,and any movie I love. Read blogs until I get some inspiration. Try on a butch of clothing.And if nothing else helps go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides from your really awesome and interesting style I really like the song you put on here. I will download it and probably listen the crap out of it :)

    Chamomile Dealer

    ReplyDelete
  3. That playlist is to die for!!!!! cool outfit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, i just happened to stumble across your blog and i'm guessing that you're in the houston area? i live in houston so i thought it was a cool coincidence.

    ReplyDelete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡