Dec 12, 2013

i wouldn't change a damn thing

 blouse: vintage, dress: etsy, jacket: thrifted, tights: JCP, socks: target, gloves: vintage, purse: vintage, 'Hole' necklace: etsy, pearl necklace: mom's, shoes: UO

 Wowza! It feels like I've been gone for foreverrrrrrrr. Of course, I have the worst sense of time ever and it's just been a week or so, but I still miss blogging more than once a week. The last week has been jam-packed with emotions, preparing for finals in class (even though I'm exempt from all of them...), and most importantly, preparing for the school's production of A Midsummer Night's Dream! We did our first performance this morning, and it went swimmingly. I'm so excited for the next two nights, and I hope to get stage pictures to share on here. Due to the play I haven't been able to trim my bangs and I cannot wait to cut them!!! Since they've been long for a while I think I'm going to go with the Wanda Woodward style. Especially because I've recently become comfortable with my eyebrows and I want to show them off now. On the bright side I no longer feel like I'm in a fashion rut! I only get frustrated when I want to wear something to school that's out of dress code (AKA leggings and short skirts/dresses). I've never understood the point of dress code, but whatever (I put the "HATE" in whatever). GUYS, I ONLY HAVE ONE SEMESTER OF HIGH SCHOOL LEFT. I don't think I will ever be able to sum up these feelings with words, because I am 1,000,000,000% done with my high school, and the majority of the student body- although I will miss my teachers...
Above are (some really mediocre) photos of my slow progress of re-doing my room. Since I'm not allowed to paint any of the walls(or virtually anything) in my room, I try to redecorate everything else every couple of months. I do this because I really enjoy constant change around me even if it's with little details. I almost want to make my room a tad more sophisticated, but I'm not sure what direction to go with just yet.
art and playlist by Anneka!
I can't believe I'm just now writing about this, but Cass, her boyfriend, and I went to go see the Evil Dead Musical about a month ago. Naturally it was the best thing ever, and experiencing the splatter zone was oh, so, fantastic (and sort of terrifying). We ended up getting COVERED in fake blood and met the whole cast! Overall it was basically the best experience ever.
I made all the flower crowns for the fairies in the play and my room still hasn't recovered.
My personal Christmas sweater (I'm selling a bunch that I've altered that I will be selling at the Winter Wonderland festival next week)!!!
A while ago I had the honor of writing a short piece for the amazing zine "Stigma" by Midge! I write about how important fashion is, and how style defines who you are whether it's a baggy sweatshirt or a bodycon dress! This was actually my first piece of work published in a physical zine, and the feeling I get every time I look through the zine is so overwhelming. Besides my piece, the zine talks about Midge's view of fashion/style plus much more! You can buy the zine here, and I promise you won't be disappointed.

5 comments:

  1. You put that outfit together so well! Your journals and walls look so awesome too, especially the Rolling Stones posters. I also liked that picture of Andy Warhol. I'm like his biggest fan lol.
    P.S. Good luck on ending high school! I'm only a sophomore and I already can't stand another minute of it!
    http://rhinestonemoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lord this outfit is amazing, love the shoes and the dress ! *-*
    Your room is sooo cool okay like everything beautiful and beach boys vinyl omg it must be perfect to live there ;AA; (makes me want to decorate mine so much!)
    Ahh Stigma zine looks so interesting I want to read it since a long time I don't know why I haven't ordred any yett
    I discovered your blog a few weeks ago and I love it ! You're awesome c: (even if hard to believe I swear I am not a creep)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfits are so wonderful <3

    http://perpetual-perplexities.blogspot.co.nz/ (new url)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! you have officially inspired the fuck out of me! lol. your photos are awesome, I love the things you have and your room. I'll definitely be coming back more often<3

    xxBianca
    www.xoxololita.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw it makes me so happy that you posted about the zine! I love the piece you submitted thanks again <3

    ReplyDelete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡