Aug 8, 2012

Voodoo Child Pt.1

The past few days have felt like a movie. It all started with the train to New Orleans. Even though it was 3 hours behind, it was an adventure all in itself. The people on board were just so amazing (any by amazing, I mean really strange to most people). My favourite person on the train was this man who was by himself. I called him the Aviator because he wore black aviators (even though it isn't necessary inside the train). He sat in the lounge cart looking out the window the whole time (it was a 13 hour trip- because of the delay), and he bought his drinks two at a time (he started with bloody mary's and turned to bud light). Maybe he was a satanist or something, who knows. I also encountered people from New Iberia, LA and I honestly think it was the Swamp People. There was about 12 of them and they were going to New Orleans because one of their friends had cancer. They wanted him to have one last party (aw I thought it was sweet). Gosh, I just love people.
Train people looked a lot differently in the sixties, but that's okay.

(I kept myself busy on the train by drawing people I saw, making collages, and quoting people.)

When we got into New Orleans it was about one in the morning, but the city was so lively. There were lights, people, and music everywhere. It was a movie waiting to happen. Everything was so beautiful (minus the weather) and the people were even better than the ones on the train! It was really swell, and I miss it already. There were so many fabulous vintage shops and restaurants, and they hotel we stayed at looked just like the one from The Royal Tenanbaums (there weren't any bell boys in the elevator, but there were bell boys opening the door for everyone at the entrance)!

 Unfortunately, I haven't developed the film from my disposable camera yet, so that'll be coming next! In the meantime, I made a playlist of the best (in my opinion) songs to listen to while you're on the road (well, tracks in this case).
1. Femme Fatale - The Velvet Underground & Nico
2. Heroin - The Velvet Underground & Nico
3. Maybe You're Right - Cat Stevens
4. Some Folks - Alice Cooper
5. Tous Les Garcons Et Les Filles - Francoise Hardy
6. Searching Through The Past - Bleached
7. Love Street - The Doors
8. I Only Want To Be With You - Dusty Springfield
9. Maybe Baby - Buddy Holly
10. In The Cold, Cold Night - The White Stripes

No comments:

Post a Comment

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡