Jun 21, 2012

Daydream

shirt: vintage, shorts: thrifted, socks: Kohl's (the only thing they're good for), shoes: thrifted
Aren't the wires/plugs pretty on the floor?

I don't know why, but lately I've been obsessed with flowers. Just in the past two weeks I've made (another) flower crown, bought bobby pins with different sorts of flowers on them, found this amazing (see above) top and a vintage floral table cloth at Value Village. Gosh, I'm just on a roll! Anyways on saturday I'm going to my favourite vintage shop in Houston (Replay on the 19th st.) so hopefully I'll find even more flower print (fingers crossed). Also, I got a haircut- which I haven't gotten one since last year. I'm still getting used to the length because I got five inches cut off (wow that's a lot of hair now that i think about it). But now I can finally do "the flip" 1960's hair style. Woohoo!

The 1960's Czechoslovakian film Sedmikrásky (also known as Daisies- a lot easier to say, too). It's a little odd, but that's why I love it. An artsy movie, is a good movie (normally). In a nutshell the movie is about these two girls who are tired of hating everything so they decide to be "bad." In their case, bad means go out with older men so they can buy you the best dinners in the world, dance obnoxiously in fancy bars, and break men's hearts- and that's just to name a few.

The guys from Freaks and Geeks!! Which is probably one of the best shows on the planet. It's the kind of show where you look at all the characters and you know someone just like them. The main character, Lindsey Weir, is the best main female character in a television show. Nearly everything she goes through in high school is so relatable.   From being pressured into doing drugs to having a boyfriend. While everything is happening in the show the music selection is just perfect (The Who, Led Zeppelin, etc).

 Don't worry I'm almost done! The last picture I'm going to talk about is this one of Miss Twiggy Lawson. I can't remember how I found out about her, but I fell in love with her clothing, make-up, and well, just everything. She's just a doll!





^Van Gogh^
sources: tumblr (flowers tag)
Now here's some tunes that are perfect when it comes to flowers and daydreaming and whatever else. 

Daydream - The Wallace Collection
If You're Going To San Francisco - Scott Mckenzie
Good Day Sunshine - The Beatles
I'm Only Dreaming - The Small Faces
Flowers On The Wall - The Statler Brothers
Dead Flowers - The Rolling Stones
Life's A Gas - T.Rex
Blue, Red, and Grey - The Who



No comments:

Post a Comment

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡