Feb 23, 2014

it's not just fashion, it's art

  flower crown: DIY, jacket: gift from my theatre director, shirt: goodwill/DIY, leggings: Kohls, boots: Buffalo Exchange, "TALK TO THE HAND" pin: UO, other pin: gift
So the German competition went way better than I could ever hope for. My group and I got 2nd place out of the WHOLE STATE of Texas! If that's not awesome, I don't know what is. Especially since that was the first short film I have ever worked on. Another plus is that all the judges loved the costumes (which I was in charge of)!!!! My valentine from the lovely, Caelan, finally came in the mail. It's probably the cutest/sweetest valentine I've ever received. Thank you so much, bb! My sister and I decided to buy all of the Wes Anderson pins from my amazing bosses, The Pulp Girls, and it was probably the best decision of my life. Above is my favorite one of Steve Zissou and you crazy cats will being seeing the rest of them scattered in my posts to come. So have I ever mentioned how AMAZING my bosses @ThePulpZine are? Because they are. When we bought the Anderson pins they also sent me a sticker set based off of me! What? No way! YES WAY! They are just so perfect in every way and I want to stick them all over my face so the whole world can see them.



Recent journal entries. It's been a while since I took the time to actually write and college and color, and it felt so good when I opened my journal back up. I'm sad though...my journal of two years is almost filled up! (I've never understood people who fill a whole journal up in a month- there's just no way)

I don't know if you've ever been able to tell, but I really love fashion (lol no really?). I've been obsessing over all the new Ready-To-Wear collections and I've finally found my top two favorites. Moschino's FRTW and Meadham Kirchhoff's FRTW are absolutely PERFECT. When I first saw these two collections I literally screamed aloud, gasped, and cried a little bit. Moschino's take on junk food through fashion is freaking genius and leaves you wanting more (almost the same feeling as when you finish a cheeseburger and you're still hungry). From their red and yellow combos to their happy meal purses- you can't go wrong with Moschino's FRTW.
I discovered Meadham Kirchhoff about a year ago through Rookie and I've been fascinated with the brand since. Although it's clothing, I feel like the two partners are creating more than that when you see it flow down the runway. It's not just fashion, it's art, and this FRTW collection left me with my jaw to the floor and a yearning for their crazy combos. Once again, Meadham Kirchhoff over delivers with a flourish of colors and feeling of nostalgia.
(I would literally do anything for these two outfits)
all images from Style.com (Meadham Kirchhoff, Moschino)

9 comments:

  1. :O the free stickers you got from the Pulp are amazing!
    Also crushing on Moschino's collection, it's just so kitsch and amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly congrats on coming 2nd in the German comp!
    Your 'You're ugly' pin made me giggle a little ehe. Also your journal is looking too cute at the moment! and *finally* Damn, Moschino always have such cool collections ahh

    ReplyDelete
  3. OBSESSED with you jacket and how you put together this outfit!
    XX
    http://erikalauts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those stickers and your jacket! Yes it takes me forever to fill up a journal. I love those collections too <3

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is so perfect! My theater director has never given me a gift especially a pretty rad jacket! Also those pin are wonderful and so is your flower crown! I honestly can't deal with Moschino' s collection now. The perfection is endless! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting second place! Those wes stickers are too cool and so is your outfit! Ahhh those collections are to beautiful i want everything!!!

    Styleriottt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wooooow everything in this post is amazing! I always adore your flowercrowns, they are above awesome <3
    thanks for always sharing the things you love, you really inspire me with doing so :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That moschino collection... *heart eyes*. Also your jacket is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW that journal!! its so awesome. I love when folks express themselves like that. I love all the pictures here. You have great hair and great style. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡