May 25, 2014

no one likes seeing other people win awards

 ♥ vintage/upcycled dress ♥ vintage brooch ♥ vintage belt ♥ Costume store socks ♥ Golden Ponies chelsea boots 
So the other night was senior awards night. It was so fun seeing a bunch of people I hate get full ride scholarships plus an extra $30,000. *cue sarcasm* On the bright side, I got a $500 scholarship from the school...so I guess it's better than nothing (even though in the college world 500 is virtually nothing). Besides that there hasn't been anything new with me. Same old feeling at the pit of my stomach, because I am SO READY to get out of high school. (LESS THAN ONE WEEK LEFT) I'm very excited, because I've almost got 300 likes on my Facebook page AND my dad and I have agreed amongst each other that we want to start specializing in 50s & 60s goods rather than odds and ends from all eras (unless it's something really special). When summer starts we plan on going on more picks in rural areas a bit closer to Austin (AKA where all da good stuff is at). The only other new thing I have to share is my current favorite blog to read! ColeyKitsch is this super, amazing blog that contains all of my current inspiration in one spot! Below is just a sneak of what amazing photos she holds within her URL.
 ultimate hair goals
Totally off topic but, I'm really happy with my new tumblr theme!

Leave a comment below sharing your current fav blogs and tell me how you've been lately! (PS once I graduate I will have WAYYY more time to post on this blog)

13 comments:

  1. congrats on your scholarship! i remember one girl got a scholarship and she ALWAYS copied my work in school and I felt so horrible about it but, yeah sometimes the way they choose who gets them really makes me think...

    Good news about your store btw, i can't wait to see what cool clothes you get over summer <3

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Adele! Yeah I noticed a lot of people who aren't so nice, not-so smart getting A LOT of the scholarships. I mean, there's nothing I can do about it (that I know of), but it sure is an interesting observation...

      Yes!! I hope I get to go picking soon.

      Delete
  2. Ahh thank you! I love your blog too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are seriously the cutest~ Thank you!

      Delete
  3. At least you won a Houston Maker Award to go with your $500 scholarship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is SO TRUE! I feel like getting an award from Pop Shop beats any other awards. :-) <3

      Delete
  4. That sounds pretty aggravating about the scholarships. Your frustration reminds me of this scandal that's been all over the news here in Australia. You may have heard of our PM Tony Abbott because he is famous douche. Anyway, while the new budget is making tons of cuts to education, one of his daughters has received a $60,000 scholarship that pretty much covers the cost of her entire course. The institution she is at has never offered a scholarship of this nature to students before, so the whole scenario is quite suspicious. Also, even though she only just finished her degree there as an undergraduate, she has immediately been offered a job at the institution as a teaching aid which is also quite suspicious. It sucks how super lame the scholarship game is. Regardless, congratulations on the scholarship you did get, that is awesome!

    Glitterous Clitoris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard about that, but it seems rather fishy indeed...but thank you so much!

      Delete
  5. your outfit is beyond perfect as always ... and congratulations for finishing high school!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. If your looking for inspiration to do more 50s and 60s stuff with your shop have you looked at pictures of Vivianne Westwoods first shop Let It Rock? It was designed to look like a Teddy Boys living room

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey scholarships are still awesome, even if they aren't for too much! Still can't get over how much I love everything you wear. Also, yes, tumblr theme is prime!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess you're right. It is better than nothing! As usual, thank u so much <3

      Delete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡