Aug 21, 2014

The Times They Are A Changin'

Greetings, lovely blog readers! 
Wow, lots to catch up on! Well first off, if you've noticed in the pictures above: I am in a dorm now! Which is scary, excited, weird, and everything in between all at once. Not only did I have to leave me room, but also my parents and my friends, and as you can guess, it was really difficult and emotional for me. But I know this is something I have to do. Classes start next week so this week has been really laid back and is just helping me get used to this new town and environment. Besides that I have recently discovered that most make-up has gluten in it (which I can't eat because it makes me sick), so as a test I've started buying gluten-free make-up and I've noticed an immense improvement and lack of eye pain. So that's good, because every time I wore make-up my eyes would hurt all the time! I've made a few friends (most like people I see on campus and say "Oh hey!" but still), and am almost used to walking everywhere. I actually really love being in walking distance of everything, but the heat is really throwing me off (it's been 100 degrees basically everyday so far). That being said, I am super ready for Fall! I'm also thinking about joining improv club...the first meeting was last night, but I was busy watching The X Files (new obsession), napping, and eating frosted flakes so maybe next time.
DIY flower crown
vintage dress
TPG pin
Target knee high socks
thrifted Bass shoes 
Here is my new home:
I actually really love my dorm room, okay?
So, what are everyone else's feelings towards school starting? Are you scared and excited like me?

31 comments:

  1. everything looks great! I love the green dress you wore, looks especially good with your pink hair <3
    starting college was always gonna BE scary and obviously in Australia it's different because not many people live on campus BUT if you're friendly to everyone and especially when classes start up I'm sure you'll have lots of friends :)

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Adele! <3 So far I've made a few buddies, and it's painfully awkward at first, but gets super easy real quick! :-)

      Delete
  2. Your 60s outfit is so so cute! And I love how you decorated your dorm room (hey, your Agent Cooper picture is a killer <3) ! God, I'll be moving to my dorm abroad in less than a month and I'm sooo excited! Any advice from you? ;> Have an amazing experience in a new place! ^^

    pigeongray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As for advice, just remember to be yourself, leave your dorm to explore, and don't be afraid to try new things!

      Delete
  3. Good luck! Your dorm looks so great and I love your green dress. American college/uni life is still so bizarre to me (that probably sounds a bit rude but it's still a very strange concept, moving away to college & dorms & things). But there was still the whole making friends, etc., thing I suppose! ANYway, good luck with college/dorm life :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andi! :-) It's okay, college is bizarre to me, too. From what I know about foreign university life it seems to make a little more sense, hah.

      Delete
  4. Awe! Congrats! Dude, sometimes makeups hurts my face/eyes. Maybe I should look into this whole "gluten in make-up" thing. Also, where I live it's 100 degrees all summer and its awful. My advice: find the nearest swimming hole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~ Yeah, there's two amazing rivers near me, but I haven't gotten around to actually check 'em out yet!

      Delete
  5. I moved into dorms for university and I loved it so much! I love how you've decorated and made the place your own already. You're going to have so much fun, I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous of your dorm! ahhhh!!!!!!!!!! i was thinking about doing another interview with you, like ''going away to college'' themed?
    http://criticallycouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to do another interview with ya!

      Delete
  7. Your dorm is already so nicely decorated! And it looks much bigger than I expected one would be (do you have to share with someone? People in movies n stuff always seemed to so I'm basing all my knowledge off that.)
    That dress is so delightful. And I'm glad you've discovered the wonders of the X files.
    I hope all your classes go well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anneka! I share my room with one other person, and then we share a bathroom with two other girls. And yeah, it's way bigger than I expected, too (most of my friends' dorms are super small). <3

      Delete
  8. I love your cactus! I actually have one in a similar style mod podge pot that I just made :) your whole outfit is so adorable i love it~
    http://samestillness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. And so scary at the same time, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhhhh your dorm room is so so cute! do you have one all to yourself or are you sharing? have fun at college! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!!! im sharing it with a roommate and we share a bathroom with two other girls~

      Delete
  11. love your dorm and youre style!!! ahhh youre perfection!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! I'm so jealous of your new dorm, and that wardrobe! My gosh! Hehe :3 Also, I can SO imagine you working at a record store, that's gonna be rad as! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so exciting! Your dorm is definitely the coolest one I've seen yet, and I am especially in love with the pic you have of agent cooper with, is that a flower crown? perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Yeah, lol. Cass gave me that as a gift earlier this year <3

      Delete
  14. can I pls have your dorm room,outfit,hair,and everything else??<3 I love this post!! good luck with your new life girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your room and your outfit rule! Good luck in college :)

    styleriottt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck! You room seems amazing, but knowing your taste it's not a surprise.

    ReplyDelete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡