Nov 30, 2014

"I turned myself to face me"

Howdy cool cats! 
Overall my Thanksgiving break was really great, but WAY TOO short! I don't know if it was just me, but I had so much stuff and so many people I wanted to see, and it felt like I didn't even accomplish anything at all. If you haven't already noticed, I have a new blog layout and I got a hair cut (which was naturally inspired by Andie from Pretty in Pink)! Honestly, I was terrified to do this, but I'm really glad I did. Since this semester was so blah for me, I've been constantly craving change. I cleaned out my entire closet in an effort for a fresh feeling, too. I know I've changed a lot this semester, and even grown quite a bit, too. I just hope things start picking up for me, ya know? I had a great thrift day so maybe that's the start of things starting to seem better... but who know? And besides, I only have A WEEK AND A HALF left of university life! 

Side note: Speaking of change, I realized I've only had about 50 posts thus far this year, compared to nearly 80 from last year. I don't feel bad about this drastic change at all. It was just one of those things where it made me realize, "Wow, I really have changed."
Thrifted sweater, Vintage/DIY'd fringe dress
Target(?) knee high socks, vintage shoes from Yoko Vintagegifted Fourth of July clip-ons
So the other day I had a Houston date with my dad since I have been home for Thanksgiving break. It was so much fun and so relaxing. Basically, a day like this was long overdue for the both of us. And don't get me wrong, I love the Austin area near my university, but nothing will ever be as satisfying and comfortable as Houston. 

Below is just a few photos that I've found really inspiring lately, and I hope y'all do, too!
Dream girl from Fancy Fine // Anna-Maria Nemetz and Ehren Dorsey by Greta Ilieva for Bullett
More is More from Helibells
 MjWoodbridge

I'm almost 100% sure I've posted this song on here before, but I swear it never gets old and it's never irrelevant. Good job, David Bowie. (Also the title for this post is a lyric from this song)
I will end with this angsty selfie I took in the Honors college the other day.
---
How have you all been???

17 comments:

  1. yay I'm glad you had a good thrift day. Change can be good, or it can just be a different way of existing, ya know? It's strange to see such a minimalist layout for your blog but as usual your outfits and inspo pics are as colourful as ever <3

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Adele. Change can be good! Haha, I know! I'm still getting used to the simple layout... but I'm really digging it!

      Thank you~

      Delete
  2. pretty much in love with your style x3 the earrings and the cool cardigan are super rad! xx

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your hair looks SO good like this! I love Andie's hair, definitely the best hairspiration out there. Ch-ch-changes are always good, I hope next year will be a hundred times more inspiring for you. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freaking love the new design of your blog! It's so pretty and smoooooooth. Also that outfit is rocking. I'm super jealous of the fact you are done school so soon. also bowie = <3

    http://sonjatitanic.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sonja! I was really needing something that felt more sleek and I felt like this layout was perfect. :-)

      Delete
  5. the hair is amazing. the song is amazing. the whole outfit/post/everything is amazing....you are such a perfect human, and change is totally normal!! I've changed so much recently too but hey, we're all just figuring things out. You are totally the coolest, never forget that...however you change, that's the one thing that will always stay the same! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! You are so amazing, Ellie <3

      Delete
  6. I love love love your hair, it suits you so much at that length. Your outfit is completely amazing, I always love your outfits so much, you inspire me to take more risks with fashion. I think change is good, no one wants to stay the same person forever, it's what keeps life interesting. I feel like I've changed a lot this year too, I guess it's more about figuring things out. However you change, you'll always still be awesome! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faye. Aw, yes take risks with fashion- it is so much fun!! I really think everyone has changed this year. Thank you again!!!

      Delete
  7. What a great look!!
    wanna follow each other on instagram & bloglovin?
    i followed u please follow me back here >

    http://twinladybug.blogspot.com/
    love & hugs from Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will definitely check out your blog.

      Delete
  8. TESSA, YOUR OUTFIT/HAIR/EVERYTHING IS SO KILLER OMFG, U ARE LITERALLY A QUEEN <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH ESSINE! I love you so much. Thank you so much, girl.

      Delete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡