Jul 2, 2014

a dream come true

I made it back alive! I actually got back from Europe Saturday night, but I have been busy catching up, working, and other boring things no one cares about (even me to some extent). That being said, I finally got around to editing a few photos on took on the trip. I have quite a bit more that I will (hopefully) eventually add. Just for future reading reference, I went with a tour group to five different countries; England, France, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and Germany (and technically Austria for three hours). I hardly took any photos, because there were so many things I saw that were too beautiful to photograph. They just wouldn't have been the same if that makes any sense. I tried to snap at least one photo in each country, though. Luckily, I have quite a bit on Instagram (and I'll probably add more soon).
London, England. Ever since I was 12 years old, I had always dreamed of coming to London. I was absolutely engulfed in the band Queen, and wanted everything they had. Along with Queen, I was obsessed with the whole 60's scene (music, fashion, etc.), and still sort of am. That being said, being in my dream city was totally surreal. I loved everything about it (minus how expensive things were). My inner teener-bopper came out when I noticed all the little flats looked just like the Beatles' in their hit movie, Help!, and we stayed in Kensington, right down the street where Freddie Mercury used to live. Not only did I get to see one of my favorite plays, The 39 Steps, I got to have bubble tea in Chinatown, meet up with L.M. and her boyfriend, shop in Camden town, and of course, much more. The only complaint I have was the small amount of time I got to be here. There was all sorts of mix-ups the first day with the group and guide, so I basically had only one day to see London.
 
Paris, France. I thought I loved London, but then we got to Paris. That city left me speechless and in tears. I would seriously mutter, "holy shit" almost every hour, because it was absolutely perfect. I've always admired France due to Jean Luc-Godard, and being in this famous city, I felt just like Anna Karina in one of his 1960's wonder films. I hardly took photos while I was there, because I had a hard time believing I was actually there. I was so in awe, I hardly even bought anything, too! I only bought gelato, escargot (10/10 it is so yummy!), and a Batman comic- in French!!! While I was there I also got to practice my French! I don't know much, but what I did know, I made sure to use. The second day in Paris I ordered a crêpe completely in French- I was very proud of myself. We passed the fashion museum and I was soooooooo devastated that we didn't have time to go. COULD YOU IMAGINE??? It would be like Heaven on Earth. I did get to go to the War Museum, Napoleon's tomb, Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower (pictured with my Mick Jagger doll above)and the Louvre (I actually didn't like the Louvre out of everything else I visited. I felt like it was very pretentious...). I'm still in awe over that city, and I cannot wait to go back! We also got to stop in Beaune, which is the cutest, little Southern French town. Wine country and AMAZING food for miles~ *looks into the distant and sighs due to the pain in my heart from missing this country*


 Lucerne, Switzerland. Have you ever wanted to live in Wes Anderson's film, The Grand Budapest Hotel? Well, believe it or not, you can- if you live in Switzerland. Although everything is pretty expensive it is worth it 100%. It is seriously the cutest, little country in the whole world. When I was in Lucerne we went to Mount Pilatus, where I almost climbed to the top of  the mountain in a hail storm (I haven't mentioned this earlier, but throughout this trip I really stepped out of my comfort zone)!
The only picture I took in Liechtenstein, the smallest, richest country ever! Overall, this whole trip was a dream come true.

13 comments:

  1. Oh wowee what an exciting looking holiday! How long were you away for? I bet you're not too happy to be back ;) Oh, and if Switzerland is like living The Grand Budapest hotel then I have to go there immediately (I don't think the 3 hours I spent there in 2012 count?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in Europe for 12 days! It was soooo lovely, but it feels good to be home. :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh I'm so glad you had a fantastic time! A tour idea sounds like a lot of fun! I'm from London so I always love hearing other people's views on it, it's so easy to take everything there for granted and things just feel "normal" so you don't see it. I love Paris too, I've had dreams of living there for so long as I always have the best time when I'm over there. I've honestly never even thought of going to Switzerland before but it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't get to see all of London, and I'm so bummed because of it. But what I did see I really loved! Yessss, I could easily live in Paris!!!

      Delete
  3. These pictures are super cute! Glad you had a good time!
    P.S. I also loooooovvee your descriptions of each country (I mean, who doesn't want to feel like they're living in the Grand Budapest Hotel?)
    xoxo

    http://lilliputianlilac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! i am a French girl! Glad you like Paris! ^^

    I live in the south of France and i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your blog and style, but sadly, i don't find that kind of clothes in my little town! One day, i would travel to the U.S (not only for the tourist stuff, but also for some cool shops (do you have some goods adress ? ^^) and thing i don't find in France (believe it or not, but "Archie" (the comic), "Peewee's Playhouse", Elvira, and some cereals brands are not sell or know in my country!!!!!!!!!). Also, i want to go here for Halloween, because it just a "commercial" holiday in my country (you don't have any goodies in the shops, just some pumpkins and voila. :( )

    Anyways, please, stay as you are: cute, kitsch and fabulous! You are sort an model for me (like some fashions bloggers from the U.S, like Mermaiden, for example!). Thank you for existing! <3
    (i hope it doesn't sound creepy! ^^')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Delphine! I hope one day you are able to come to the USA and do all the fun and cute things you've planned. :-) Especially Halloween- it's so great here (for the most part)! You are so sweet, thank you again!!! <3 (didn't sound creepy at all haha)

      Delete
  5. Oh it sounds like you had a lovely time. What a shame you didn't get more time in London, having lived there for 5 years I can definitely attest to it being a great city. There is so much to do though that I never know how anyone just visiting would get to see it all (I still haven't seen everything!) Paris is gorgeous too, everything looks like a film still and it made me love Jean Luc-Godard films so much more. You should watch 'Lift to the Scaffold' by Louis Malle if you haven't already seen it. the soundtrack is by Miles Davies and it made me want to visit Paris again badly! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did have an amazing time! I just wish I had a little bit more time in each city (especially London and Paris). I will definitely be looking that movie up! And yessss Miles Davis <3

      Delete
  6. The photos came out great! You look very awesome. Looks like so much fun. :)

    Styleriottt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really was amazing, and I miss it so much already.

      Delete
  7. these photos are gorgeous! I'm glad you had a fun time, and thank you so much for your parcel. I got it yesterday when I got home after spending three weeks in the desert for a geology camp and it put a big smile on my face. Thanks for the warm fuzzies from the other side of the world! :-)

    ReplyDelete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡