Apr 20, 2014

a wes anderson easter

First off, Happy Easter (to anyone who celebrates it)! I've never really celebrated this holiday, but my family usually makes it a big attire. Luckily, no one had plans, so I spent the day with my sister, L.M.Strange, and our lovely pal, Shelly walking around Market Street (which is sort of like a town square with a bunch of little cafes and designer stores). It was an unconventional way to spend the holiday, but it has definitely been my favorite Easter ever. By the end of the day I concluded that if Wes Anderson had characters in a film celebrating this holiday- this is what it would look like:
 
 So I hardly mention my sister, Ariel on this blog, and I have no idea why! She's also super into fashion, but in a different way than me. The best way to describe her style is pirate-gypsy-Milo from Atlantis-mermaid-bitch. Quite a combo, huh? She is wearing: a necklace from a local Houston shop, up-cycled dad's button-up top, Forever21 shorts, and Aldo shoes.
So I got new eyeliner and it has really changed my life. It's L'OrĂ©al's new Infallible Silkissime eyeliner and goes on so smoothly and marvelous. It's sort of a pain to sharpen, but I read a review that if you stick it in the freezer for about 15 minutes it is much easier to sharpen (which I plan on doing tonight)! It's $9 and worth every penny!
 DIY flower crown Forever21 crop top thrifted Audrey Hepburn pin Blue Velvet Vintage sunglasses  Urban Outfitters skirt Agaci jelly sandals Goodwill backpack 
 Don't touch my ass.
The prettiest theater in town.
I don't know if you guys know this, but I'm very self-conscious about my eyebrows. Today my sister offered to fill them in with eye shadow, and I really stepped out of my comfort zone. At first I hated it, because it brought more attention to them, but after a few hours I decided I sort of liked it! My eyebrow game was strong and made me feel like a cartoon character.
I need to see the Grand Budapest Hotel again...
So we found Ariel's soul jeep (like soul mate, but jeep. ahaha....okay)! Naturally it reminded me of a Moonrise Kingdom due to the vintage interior and color palette.
L.M. being gone with the wind fabulous~ 
 Here he comes, here comes Speed Racer!
I basically cried like a little baby, because the Kate Spade store was closed for Easter...
The most amazing desserts ever: almond danish, lemon tart, and a chocolate cake parfait.
 We ended up sitting at this little coffee shop for almost two hours talking about politics, old ladies, Game of Thrones, and cheering at lovely, shirtless men taking a jog.
Near the end of the adventure, Shelly's phone died. We held a small service and said a few words each, hah!
--
How did you cool cats spend today?

15 comments:

  1. As always, what you're wearing is amazing. That skirt especially, so so so interesting. I feel like my wardrobe lacks in areas of cool statement clothing. Also that flower crown is so fabulous! I also have an extreme discomfort with my eyebrows, but now I have bangs, which means I just don't have to deal with them. If I don't colour them in or dye them, it looks like I don't have any, and it's so strange. That theatre is so gorgeous as well! Ugh your life is so cool I want to be you, but you already know that, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, thank you! It's taken me a couple of years to acquire such statement pieces, to be honest. But I'm sure you will find some really cool pieces in no time~ Hah, it seems we have the opposite issues with our eyebrows, huh?

      Delete
  2. That's so weird, I feel like I did the EXACT same thing with my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you, your sister and your girl gang are too perfect for words tessa <3

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. your eyebrow game is hella strong! I've recently started filling my eyebrows as well, eyebrows make me feel like a badass in a gang or something :) ahhhhh I love speed racer so much! ugh you guys are all so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I'm in a bad ass girl gang when I do my eyebrows, too, haha! Thank you!!!!!

      Delete
  5. You and your sister both have on gorgeous outfits! But for real that RHOA reference made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds and looks like a super fun outing! You all have such cool outfits ♥ I spent my Easter by going to a Ringo Starr exhibit and eating at a restaurant that opened in 1908, woo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a great time. :-) Your Easter sounds like it was just as amazing!

      Delete
  7. Your eyebrows are great, I love the fullness, don't be scurrred! Also, this eyeliner you speak of, does it smudge? Because I go crazy with my cat eyes, and the best I've found is Almay's liquid eyeliner, the rest just fades away. Oh and I love the blue circle background, too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! The eyeliner doesn't smear unless you rub it. My favorite eyeliner of all time is the Mabelline EyeStudio gel!

      Delete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡