Jan 30, 2014

you don't know what it's like to be 17 and alone

jacket: sister's/gift, necklace: Kohls, top: Goodwill, belt: vintage, skirt: vintage (it's super shiny and metallic in person btw), Doc Marten boots (Kudos to my adorable, perfect mom who took these photos!) I feel like this should be retitled "rachet hair" but maybe that's just me...

You guys! What has happened??? Besides today I have only blogged once this month! I've been super busy with school and stuff for my German competition (this weekend). At the same time, I have felt super sluggish and unmotivated to do anything for myself. I'm almost 100% sure it's due to school and the people who attend. Lately I've noticed most of my classmates are super close minded and the work I do in my classes is a big waste of time. So yeah, lots of things have happened. I got a part in my last high school play (aw sad but happy feelings), it snowed this week (IT NEVER SNOWS!!!), my theatre teacher gave me the grooviest purse and jacket in the world (pics2come), and I discovered some new good tunes (Including Natalia Kills omg what a babe). I've also got into the habit of expressing my side thoughts through parenthesis. And I need to work on scholarships!!! I keep saying I will, but since I typed it on here, I'm making it an official goal. You guys can't let me slack and be a loser. This is just a warning that this will be a pretty lengthy post. So if you want to continue reading go ahead! And if you don't, whatever, screw you (I'm just kidding I still luv you come back).
On the bright side of things I only have four months left of school! Plus the mini pops at the beginning of the month went really well for me and I'm very excited for the next one I work at in March. I'm also excited for February because I'm visiting Texas State (which is the project I plan on attending as long as I get enough scholarships). It's 20 minutes away from Austin and my dad is taking me for the whole weekend (even though we are only visiting the school for a day) so that's REALLY EXCITING. 

Me all "official" at the Mini Pops festival. Isn't that jacket amazing??? I got it that day for about forty bucks and it's so great to feel like a real-life muppet.

I've been super passionate about fashion lately. I get mad at myself some days because I get too tired to take photos of my outfits, but like I LOVE THEM so much lately. I'm at that point where I don't care if it's vintage/designer/department- I just really love fashion. It is the best way ever to express yourself and in a way, is it's own art. So you know what, go fashion, you rule. Like, do you ever just want to cry because you love something so much??? Yes? No? Yes? Well, that's how I've been with fashion and music lately. Oh, speaking of music, if it wasn't for that sweet-ass invention I wouldn't survive school. Man, music has been getting me through a lot of asinine school days. Today I didn't have headphones, and really and truly I thought I was going to die.
Miss June '75 by Justine @TPZ 
Christian Dior spring 2014 couture details // Christopher Kane S/S 2014 
You guys, I would do anything for these two outfits above. Aren't they stunning??? I've honestly never seen anything like it. I have a good feeling that 2014 is going to be a good year for fashion.
1991 pro-choice public service announcement that features Corina, Juliet Cuming, Kim Gordon, Lady Miss Kier, MC Lyte, Kate Pierson, Crystal Waters, and Tina Weymouth 
(last three) tumblr 





Stay tuned, because I still have a lot of things to catch up on (pen pals, late xmas gifts, etc etc etc)!

4 comments:

  1. I used to feel that way about school aggess ago
    Like I would blast my music so loud just so I could pretend no one existed not even the teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice oufit and I love your inspiration pictures <3 that botany sweater is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want your buttons! UGH!! Love it!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the badges and buttons on your jacket. I always feel like that about school. xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡