Sep 21, 2014

damn fine cup of coffee

♥ diy flower crown ♥ thrifted/diy top ♥ necklace from some cute shop in Switzerland ♥ Forever21 leggings ♥
This weekend was one of the first in a while where I had absolutely nothing planned except for studying and homework. It was relaxed, but a bit depressing. Since I had nothing planned, I had the whole weekend to myself, and had a lot of time to think. I started thinking about how I don't really have many friends (and the ones I do have are busy a lot of the time or far away). It really bummed me out, and then I went deeper down the rabbit hole, and realized how homesick I've become. Most of my pals at school think it's funny I miss my parents and everyone so much...Ugh, I don't know. I just need to get busy so I don't get in this funk again. I guess this is what it feels like to be an adult. Once I adjust I think I'll get a lot better, but for now I want to go home! 

Well, on the bright side, I found a really great coffee shop in walking distance from my dorm. If there's anything in this world that makes me feel better (except shopping of course), it's coffee. And Wake The Dead has some kick ass coffee! So one of my friends and I ended up chilling out and studying for a majority of the day there. It almost immediately got me out of my funk with it's chill vibes and damn fine coffee.
A really great playlist Arabelle made that I've been jamming to all weekend.
Well, that's all that is new for me. I hope all of you had a great weekend. What helps you cool cats get out of that awful feeling funk?
P.S. Don't forget to enter my Oasap giveaway that ends tomorrow!

12 comments:

  1. aww I hope you don't feel bummed out or too down in the dumps :(
    When I got out of high school I kinda lost all the friends I made there (we didn't even move away from each other I just couldn't drive myself to hang out at the time).
    When I realised I had lost them I did feel bummed out but I had other things and people in my life and new friends and relationships. I think thinking in terms of 'losing' and 'gaining' can often be dangerous. Things change and they always have and will. It's a normal thing :) hope you feel better soon!

    PS. that flower crown is the bomb, I love all the leaves in it and the way it wraps around your hear <3

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really know how you feel... I started college 2 years ago and moved out of my old house, leaving my parents and little sister. It was heartbreaking at first and I cried many times, but after 2 years I'm used to it. Luckily it isn't that far away, so I can visit my parents and sis some weekends. But on the other side, I really liekt he fact of being independent and doing whatever I want to do and cook what I want to cook and clean when I want to clean etc. When I'm feeling down, normally I watch movies or series all day long with soooo much chips! Now I mostly go crafting/DIYing or reading comics or blogging or something like that. Calling my mom at moments like this works the best for me. First I cry for some time and she comforts me and then I tell her everything what I've been doing the past few weeks and she tells me what she and dad and my sis have been doing and after that conversation, I always feel happy again. Ofcourse, being homesick will never really go away, but some things help :)
    I hope you're feeling better now and just know: it's okay to miss your parents and everyone (anyone who is telling you that he/she doesn't miss their parents one bit, they're definitely lying)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Fleur! I know I will get used to this...it just takes time. Luckily I'm only a few hours away from my parents and sister and friends! Thank you so much dude <3

      Delete
  3. you look super cute, hope you feel better soon ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand, I moved to LA about 10 months ago, and I miss my family sooooo much (they're in Ohio). And my friends, when you graduate making friends is a weird almost dating like ritual. But, yes you just have to keep busy! And your flower crown is super sassy. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, that new friend ritual is so weird, but it's all a part of life I guess~

      Delete
  5. Ah! I'm probably moving to Toronto next year for uni and it's bloody terrifying, but I feel like it's just one of those things you gotta do. I hope you feel better and get super busy doing super rad things.

    That coffee place looks sick af and I'm v jealous that I don't have something like it. Damn fine cup of coffee indeed!

    http://sonjatitanic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah moving is hella scary! :-( But it's totally worth it. And thank you, dude! I'm doing wayyy better, because I've started doing yoga, eating healthier, and being more positive. PLUS the weather is getting a lot cooler, so that always helps. <333

      Delete
  6. cooooool hair & flower crown :) & that coffee looks super nice :D wish I had smth like this around.

    dresses-and-travels

    ReplyDelete

♡All comments are read & loved. Thank you so much for dropping by!♡